January 3, 2011

THE GOLDEN RULE

I was told by my mother many time as a child to live "The Golden Rule." She would say, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." I have since wondered as I listen to people talk about themselves if that is such a good idea. Too many times I hear derogatory statements and self defeating remarks made at times of frustration, even in times that seem to be ideal comments can be demeaning. I hear some say, "I never speak ill of myself," yet I can tell by the way they carry themselves that the words may not be said outward, but they are being said inward. I believe my Mother's council was sound, it's not about how we treat others, it's about how we treat ourselves that will make the most impact. Let's live "The Golden Rule" of "Treat yourself as well as you treat others."


Dean N Nixon
Seminar Director, Life Coach

TurningLeaf Wellness Center