September 8, 2010

ACCEPTING WHAT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND

I heard of a man wanting to burn the Koran on the Anniversary of the September 11th attacks. I was confused. Is the burning of a book going to change the minds of the fanatic sect of a religion? Does the persecution of a belief system change the hearts and minds of its followers? I have never seen or heard of any aggression changing the freedom of choice that is free and untouchable. I have heard of fear and hate spreading like mold in the darkness of ignorance and intolerance. It seems like it is always done under the guise of righteousness and serving a higher purpose, like a parasite living off its host and yet not sharing the values. The only answer I have ever found is the pursuit of knowledge and truth. To risk understanding and accepting what we don't understand and learn from it what we can. I pray that we can rise above the impulsiveness of our humanity, let the day of our mourning be given to respecting those who have passed through the tragic lack of respect to human life.


Dean N Nixon
Seminar Director, Life Coach

TurningLeaf Wellness Center